Saturday, June 30, 2018

Cusco, Salkantay & Machu Picchu

Hello everyone,

Today Ian left and therefore my last weeks on my own started. Today in 4 weeks I will be arriving in Hamburg. Until then there is more to see waiting here. Soon I will be going to Bolivia again and then back to Santiago de Chile. 

The last week together we spend seeing the biggest fest in Peru Inti Raymi which is an Inca celebration. Nowadays it’s made for tourists though and therefore hasn’t been as great as I was expecting.


As you can see it was difficult to see anything 

After the fest we left to do the 5 day Salkantay Trek. It is exhausting but worth the effort:








Highest point of the hike: 4650 meters

The treks to Aguascalientes and the last night before seeing Machu Picchu

Machu Picchu is impressive and there is more to do than you can do within the time. We decided to explore the city and sun gate (the main entrance) which both has been stunning. 


As I have been hiking up quickly in the morning I was within the first 5 to get in and see it without anyone else there 





Selfie time with a Lama

I am looking back to 3 great weeks with Ian. Thanks for coming around!



Safe trip home and see you soon!

Same for everyone else: see you soon!

Hannes


No comments:

Post a Comment